Saturday, April 17, 2010

Today was special. April 17th, 2010 taught me the true essence of friendship.
After taking the HMT test, I, kind of retired for the day. However, fate had other ideas. Phone rang and one of my best buddies Prabhakar was on the line. He had been particularly angry on me for a couple of months and we hadnt talked much these days, so it was a nice surprise to recieve his call. However, the surprise turned to horror once i came to know that he wished to meet me at mughalsarai station at 3 in the afternoon!!!
I obviously rejeceted the idea. It was absolutely impossible to travel 40 km in this LOO and 45 degree temperature. Plus I had only 1 hour to reach there. From past experience i know that 1.5 hours are required (at least) to reach mgs station. Nonetheless, his endless gaalis n emotional blackmailing prevailed and I had to go. So, I alongwith my friend began our crusade to Mgs. We took the peepa bridge route n at one time reached a top speed of 70. Amazing. I had never touched 70 in my life before. See, what friends can do to you. By GOD's grace, I managed to reach mgs just before the train was to leave. However, my copassenger couldnt meet him as i had strictly instructed her to enter the station only after buying the plateform tickets. (Its Mgs afterall, the worst stn, with the worst TTs, in India). So, after running at 20 kmph I finally reached at pltfrm no. 4, and here he was, my gr8 :p friend, returning to mumbai. So glad we were, exchanged some good amount of gaalis, he noticed that she ws not there. I informed that
she had been assigned to buy pt. tickets. The meeting lasted only 5 minutes and his train started. She was not there yet. So, I bid him goodbye and moved back towards the stairs. Just infront, saw the most scary scene of my life. A man was getting dragged alongwith the train in the general bogey and how he escaped death or injury is truly a miracle.
We returned back to BHU with the Sun in its full bloom just above our eyes. It was really painful. So much for a 5 minute meeting. Maybe people wont consider me that bad now...

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story, but Id like to point out a few glitches. First of all, you have very well touched, exceeded rather, the speed of 70k( on the amphitheatre road). Secondly, It takes about 45 minutes to reach mgs from our hostel. And finally, he insisted and blackmailed you emotionally so tha he could meet "her", not you. But I guess all this was worthwhile since you got to see a miracle. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. well no, my dear, my highest speed is around 60-65 only...
    indeed it takes 45 minutes but by auto n via the bypass road it does take more than an hour to reach mgs
    also he didnt knew that she was coming...

    ReplyDelete